Monday 8 October 2012

REVIEW and COMPETITION: Smash Books!

Today's post is especially for all you busy crafty mummy's out there who are looking for a way to journal your pregnancy/ baby's early years but just don't have the time! Have you heard of smash books?

I'd love to have the time to sit down and make a pretty, neat, perfect scrapbook of Xander but quite simply I do not have the time!! In between feeding, nappy changes, washing etc I'm lucky to even look at my craft kit let alone get it all out and have a play.. That's the beauty of smash booking. It's quick, easy and the end product still looks amazing!

Smashbooks are bound journals that have beautiful themed backing papers. They come with a journal pen which has a glue stick on the end which means you can quickly glue down momentos and write about them with ease. It also means you don't need a huge craft stash out. Just your smashbook and a few pics to create your page!!

There are lots of different designs including one specifically made to be a baby journal!

Here's a couple of pages from Xanders smashbook:


People use smashbooks for all sorts of things: travel journals, to keep momentos of days out, wedding planner/ journal. To be honest you can just about smash anything!!

If you'd like to purchase your own smashbook or other crafty products why not visit the online craft shop Crafty Boots where you can purchase everything you need to start smashing!! Also if you're a crafty person why not visit the Crafty Boots Challenge page where you can take part in a fortnightly craft challenge!!

Competition:
Stephanie-Emma owner of Crafty Boots has kindly given me a starter smashbook stash to give away to one lucky 'my crafty mummy' followers.


The prize consists of:
Mini Smash book
Top 10 pad
Secret pockets
Calendar tape

All you have to do to win is:
1) Follow this blog (The follow button is on the right hand side of this blog - of you're using a mobile you'll have to have the blog on full website to see the follow button)
2) Leave a comment below stating what you would you record in your mini smashbook if you won.

T&C's:
The competition will be live for one week. No entries will be valid after midnight on October 15th 2012. Only one entry per person. UK entries only. Good luck!

15 comments:

  1. Oh! How generous! I think I would record all those thoughts and ideas that keep popping into my head. I often sketch ideas on bits of paper and to have one place to keep them all would be wonderful!
    I love Xander's Smash book - I bet you can't believe how much he's grown already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I think I would take all the pictures off my computer and display them nicely in this! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're going for a big family holiday next year, three generations of us, and I'd love a special book to record it in to show my Mother, the fourth generation, who won't be able to join us as she can no longer travel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab comp. I would record my newborns first year. Already following you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've finally bought a 'baby' Smash to fill in for Keagan, ha 14 yrs later! But back then we didn't have a digital camera & believe or not, I didn't even craft! But I do want to fill it so he baby photos have been brought down for me to scan, I have a baby book up there somewhere that has his scans and bracelet etc so that needs to be found. I'll sit out of this competition, wouldn't be fair, but please if anyone of your followers wants 'Smash' help at all, I'll happily help! Take care Zo xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would put all the things in that are too little to fill my other smash books with and carry it around in my bag... I just love smashing :). love your pages btw xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! I have wanted a smash book for a while now- I think they are so cool! If I won this amazing starter pack I would love to fill it with pictures of me and the hubby to be on our wedding day next march. We have been together for 9 years and have saved hard for a really special day! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd give it to my daughter - she had three and a half weeks in Mauritius last Christmas and it would be lovely for her to be able to put all the memories in a smash book.

    Hazel Rea - @beachrambler

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you have used your smash book to record pregnancy, the scan page is so lovely.
    If I was to win your prize I would use it for all my crafty ideas and inspiration, I too would carry it around in my bag so when I see an idea or a colour scheme I like I can just pop in a note or stick bits of things in that have inspired me.
    Hugs, Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hiya from a new follower, came through your link in the Smash group on Facebook! What a lovely blog and fab pages you have done. Lovely to record the early days with your little one, they grow up way too fast! I would use the mini book to Smash pages about fun things/events/days out with my 3 kids. They are 4, 21mths and 16 weeks! Best thing about Smashing cos I can fit it in somewhere lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi hun, loving ur blog. I would use a smash book to record my weight loss journey

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are amazing!

    I'd use this smash book to make a memory book for my little boy charlie to rememeber his Great Grandma Josie, (My Grandma, the only grandparent ive ever met) her and charlie are best friends, she's 86, had 4 strokes, 2 heart attacks, cant walk very far, but she says charlie is keeping her alive. She is a beautiful woman, Charlie is the youngest and Grandma is the oldest and they get up to some tricks together :) would be a lovely memento for him x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd use this as a journal to document mine and my families life. I've been wanting to start journalling for a while now
    @mummytraining27

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would make a scrap book of my niece/nephews' first few months. Always wanted to try scrap booking and Smash books look like a great way to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Touche. Sound discussions. Sustain the amazing work. http://www.exoticcarrental305.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.